Vampire

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

I couldn't believe my eyes. She was the most beautiful creature I had ever met. Long brown curls with just a hint of red, a long cyan dress over her near translucent skin. I could see the blush rising in her cheeks when she found me staring, dazzled and dazed.
I don't know how but she looked even prettier with the scarlet in her cheeks. Suddenly my legs felt like jelly. I wanted to run to her and ask her for her hand, but I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. Then she began walking toward me, but a sudden fear overtook me, why is this beautiful creature walking toward me? "John? John?" The beautiful creature called out my name. That just added to the fear, how did she know my name? Suddenly I didn't care anymore! All I wanted was to be with her. I eagerly grabbed her hand and placed it on my heart. A smile of relief spread across her face. Her smile suddenly faded and I could tell that she was scared.
I wanted to ask her what was wrong but it had become windy. Slowly, she started to fade. "No!" I shouted for fear that such a beautiful creature could just slip through my fingers, but my attempts were wasted, my voice drowned out by the strong gusts.
My eyes fluttered open, tears flooding my face. It was all a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!