Concrete!

One sunny morning Michael was very excited because I just had a truck load of concrete poured for his new driveway. He went outside but when he saw the concrete that was something unexpected. It was a bird‘s footprints.
What bird could it be? He thought. He went back inside and called his friends Jim and Albert to come and help him find out what that it was and find the bird.
He’s friends arrived in straightaway knew that the footprint was from the flamingo. “Where could it be now?” said Albert. They had some lunch then went on search for the bird. They split up with Michael going north, Albert went south and Jim went west. Michael searched as hard as he could and then he saw a pink thing on the playground slide. He went closer and closer and he discovered he had found the flamingo. Michael climbed the playground and was shocked at what was in front of him. The poor bird was stuck to the side as the concrete on his feet had set. Michael called his friend and I rushed over to him bringing with them two toolboxes.
They work together and eventually the bird was free from the concrete. The beautiful flamingo had had been on there so long the skin had gone from under his feet. They wrapped it gently and a towel and took it straight to the vet. Once the vet checked it over he came out and told the three friends that their flamingo would be Ok, thanks to their hard work.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!