A Game Of Reccos

One day a girl named Sylvia was getting ready for the grand finale reccos’ match. Her team was called Smiley Monkeys. They were playing against the Running Rhinos. She put on her shorts and t-shirt with smiles and monkeys on them. Next, she went downstairs to eat her breakfast, she had weetbix.
Sylvia arrived at the reccos’ pitch, where she met her teammates, she found out that her best friend Lilly had come to watch her. Sylvia looked up at the big stadium that surrounded her and saw Lilly waving.
The game was about to start, Sylvia ran to her position - goal shooter. The referee blew the whistle; the loud noise started the game.
Chapter Two: The Game
As Sylvia ran towards the goal, her team mate passed the ball to her, she kicked it past the goal keeper and BANG! Sylvia scored a goal! The crowd clapped and cheered especially Lilly. "Go Sylvia!" roared Lilly over the crowd so Sylvia could hear her.
Next, the Running Rhinos tried to shoot a goal, but luckily our goal keeper saved it. Our team got the ball and started to run up the pitch. They passed it to the other goal shooter on our team. We scored another goal.
So far, the Smiley Monkeys were winning, and if they did, they would get the sparkly gold reccos’ cup.
Chapter 3: The End Of The Game
There was 5 minutes left; Sylvia's team had to stop the other team from scoring. Now the other team was running down the pitch with the ball towards their goal. The defenders on Sylvia's team were trying to stop the other team, but it was too late! The Running Rhino's had just scored a goal.
The Smiley Monkeys were up by 1 goal with 1 minute left. Next moment, Sylvia had the ball, turned to face the goal and with 10 seconds left, she scored a goal!! The Smiley Monkeys had won the game and the cup for the second year in a row.
Chapter 4: Celebration Party
For the celebration party, they went to Sylvia's house and had pizza, and watched a movie.
The Smiley Monkeys had played the best game ever, and hoped to do even better next year. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!