A Ray Of Hope

There it was, only to let out a glimpse of light would bring hope upon a nearly deserted tribe, many await the arrival only to seek despair.
The sun hadn't risen since last fall and it didn't look like showing any promise now either, Provided the sun had arisen the tribe of few could start over, create a future for themselves and bring back what once was free land to those who are loyal and open minded.
Back home Anna received the news that her father was unwell and had short time left. Anna immediately felt betrayed her dad was all that she had left of the war and she was losing him, a tear slowly shed down her left cheek only to be wiped away by the sorrow hands of its owner, eventually Anna couldn't deal with the distress anymore and allowed her tears to drip down to her shoulder.
Elizabeth came to comfort Anna with her support and said the words that most would not say "When he does, if he does I'll be here for you we could share rations".
Anna and her tribe were down to rations, they had nothing. It had all been taken during the raids; they began searching for food only to find a slim amount of fruits that bloom among the trees in the mountains.
"Tobias requests for your company back at his hut."
Anna responded with "Thanks Elizabeth", and began to make her way towards her father.
"Ah there she is my darling little girl."
Anna smiled "You wanted me?"
"Yes, the sun I wish to, see it once more before I go!"
"It hasn't risen for more than three months it's not going to happen now."
"There is always hope Anna."
With that Anna disappeared, she set sights for the mountains and brought her rations with her she knew she would be gone for a while, she began climbing a narrow slope and to her surprise she saw the sun once more. She looked around for something, anything to make it last more than the few seconds her dad may have she continued only to find nothing but a letdown.
Anna returned to her tribe in search for her father, she gave information on the sun and how she caught a glimpse of it.
Tobias smirked and said, "see always hope."
Anna continued it was bright even more so than before and it seemed to be pushing its way out of the dull grey clouds.
Come noon Anna and Elizabeth were asleep, they awoke to a sun and cried with joy and ran to Tobias quicker than they had ever ran before, however Tobias looked unconscious Anna shrieked and shouted the small but powerful word "no!"
Elizabeth performed CPR but failed, she reattempted the sequence and heard a slight gesture that she thought to be a cough he was alive, Tobias woke to the sight of a sun, ever so bright and said for one last time "always hope!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!