Let Us Await The Dramas Of High School

I hadn't seen Capri in ages! Last time was the summer holidays! She is in year 7 now! While I'm still in year 6! I wish I was like her! But no, I'm still little Alesha! We were best friends! That was until term break...
...It was finally term break! We got on the ferry and that's when I realised something was wrong, Capri was nowhere to be seen. Her parents were over at the bar so, I went to ask them. "Hi, do you know where Capri is?"
"Yes, she is downstairs with a few friend's dear." Friends? I quietly crept down the stairs, I couldn't see Capri anywhere. Only a bunch of older girls who looked about, 14? Then I spotted a girl who looked like Capri, but it couldn't be?! Make up? Belly top? This was not Capri! I was sure of it. So, I quickly scurried back up the stairs and stared out to sea for the rest of the journey.
I'd been at Skullson Island for a week avoiding so called 'Capri'. I just couldn't bring myself to think it WAS her. Because my Capri didn't care for clothes or make-up, But my hiding was done. Our mums told us all to stay together and hang around these caves for a couple hours. I wasn't very happy about this. Not only did I have to be with 'Capri', But it was rumoured the ghost of Captain Skullson lurked in these caves and they say if anyone dares to enter his cave they will be sorry.
Capri and her friends started moving into one of the caves as if I wasn't there, when suddenly one turned around and said "Aren't you coming? Or are you too much of a baby to step in? I mean it's just a boring old cave."
"It's not just a cave" I responded, "It's haunted by a ghost." They all burst out laughing.
"A ghost?" Capri answered, "everyone knows ghosts don't exist, come on, baby." Had Capri just called me a baby? I walked on in. We were about to go further when we heard a voice.
"Do not go further you are mine!" That's when we ran for it. All the girls made it out except Capri and I! The walls started crumbling and it blocked our way out!
"Alesha I'm sorry, I was just well, following the crowd." We kept talking and saying sorry and I found out she was just trying to fit in! But behind the make-up she was my old Capri! Suddenly we heard rocks being moved! Was someone getting us out?
It was an old man who turned out to be Captain Skullson's great great great grandson! He took us back to our parents safely (the girls had gone).
I would be in year 7 soon and knew now I would see Capri a lot more, as after our talk I understood more how she felt. Let us await the dramas of high school!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!