The Fluffy Unicorn

One warm summer day, there was a little girl named Bethany who was going to the shops with her mum. When they got to the shops, Bethany saw a toy shop and asked her mum if they could have a look at the toys.
In the shop, there were toys of all shapes and sizes. Bethany saw a big fluffy unicorn. She asked her mum if she could have it and her mum said no because it was too expensive. Then her mum said, 'If you do some chores you may be able to earn some pocket money to buy the unicorn.'
When Bethany got home, the first thing she did was ask her mum if there was anything she could do as a job. Her mum asked her to sweep the driveway. So, she got out the broom and went outside and started sweeping because she was determined to get the unicorn. It took her thirty-three minutes to sweep the driveway and it did not have a single little speck of dust or a leaf on it. Her mum was very impressed and gave Bethany seven dollars and fifty cents.
Bethany took the money to her bedroom. When she got her money box out, she realised she already had a few dollars in it. She tipped her money out onto her bed and counted it. When she finally finished counting, she had thirty-seven dollars in total.
Bethany told her mum. 'Now you only need three dollars and you can get the unicorn,' Mum said. Then Bethany's mum smiled and gave her three extra dollars.
Bethany ran to her bedroom and put the money in the money box. The next day, Bethany woke up early and the first thing she did was jump on her mum to wake her up. She really wanted the unicorn, so all she wanted was to go to the shops.
They went shopping early that morning and went straight to the toy shop, but the unicorn wasn't there. Bethany was so sad, but then she remembered that today was Christmas Eve and that cheered her up.
The next morning there were lots of presents under the Christmas tree. Bethany got up. She was amazed at how many presents were there. She ran to the tree and started unwrapping her presents. She got a massive surprise because the unicorn was there. She ran to her mum, who was cooking pancakes in the kitchen. 'How did this unicorn get under the tree?'
Mum just smiled and flipped the pancake. 'Merry Christmas, Bethany,' she said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!