Recess War

"Ha! Got ya!" hooted Jake as he squirted Mrs Donn with his new water gun. "This calls for revenge!" she shrieked back as she attempted to throw a cream pie back at him, but by mistake, she hit Mr Prenk on the head, who at the time was trying to sneak up on Jess and Teagan.
There is nothing that Jake loves more about school than the wars the students have against the teachers. Every Wednesday morning, the students bring all their gear, including nerf guns, slingshots (that shoot old chewing gum) or anything else they find lying around the house. The teachers do the same, though they never have very good fighting utility. Their type of weapons were more like crunched up newspaper, toilet rolls and cream pies (supplied by the canteen lady). They also have a different style of fighting; it is more like a sloppy run and 2 metre throw (if you know what I mean). But Jake is an awesome fighter. He can dodge incoming teachers, karate chop flying cream pies and (most importantly) is a great sport.
Now, it was one certain Wednesday when Jake was walking to school, his backpack stuffed with supplies for the day's battle. He walked through the gate, and was halfway down the path when he eyed some teachers. At first, he thought they were just blabbing about lesson plans, but when he retrieved his new Spy Listener 3000 from his backpack, he found they were chatting about something else. Not just plain old homework, but their plan for the day's battle!
With a tenacious grip on his backpack, Jake zoomed over to as many kids he knew and told them all about the tutor's secrets.
RRRRIIIINNNGGGG!!! It was time. Around half the school crowded over to the battle zone, loaded with whatever gear they could find that morning. It was so on!
“Splat! Crash! Scream! Wop! Ahhhhhh! Ha ha ha!" were the sounds as Jake and his friends, Dave, Abby and John swarmed a bunch of teachers who were camping out behind a raspberry bush. Jake even thought someone who must have been watching from outside the gate, must have called the Police because they were so scared!
Turns out Jake was correct. Two days later, the Principal had received a letter from the Police Department to say that there would be no further recess wars. They said it was causing too much fun (if that's even possible!) So that put an end to the physical bit. But it sure didn't stop us kids from finding another way to have a bit of fun!
Now, every Wednesday recess they host a battle on Minecraft where all the students bring their own devices to school and work together to defeat the teacher’s team. Let's hope that doesn't get stopped too... The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!