21st Century Fairy Tales - Rapunzel

Once upon a time, there lived a King and Queen, they wished for a child but, as the years passed, they were disappointed.
One year, in March, the Queen grew ill. It took days to cure her, when a guard found the magic flower to cure her, the Queen drank a potion made from that flower and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, they named her Rapunzel, after her Grandma.
Two years later, Rapunzel started doing weird dance moves, when a guard saw this, he called the King and Queen straight away.
When the King and Queen saw her, they decided to give her a YouTube channel. In two weeks, Rapunzel became famous.
Mother Dancell, whom was known to be a horrible dancer came up with a plan to steal Rapunzel one night.
She prepared for this night for weeks. How dare she have better dance moves than me! I shall steal her the King and Queen go away and that's just what she did."
When the King returned he said, "Whoever stole our Princess, shall be beheaded!" There was a search party. ·
Mother Dancell heard about this and hid Rapunzel in a tower. Twelve years passed, and the King and Queen were STILL looking.
Mother Dancell had saved enough money in the bank to by a club. She made Rapunzel be the head waitress. Costumers made fun of Rapunzel and it broke her heart working there.
Rapunzel decided to leave. While creeping out, along came a Prince. He said, "Rapunzel I have heard about your terrible life."
Rapunzel replied," Oh, I cannot wait to get to your castle! NOT! I waited TWENTY-FIVE years for you to come and rescue me! And here you come taking your time to rescue me!"
Rapunzel stormed off to the castle to their Majesties to be a servant of theirs.
When Rapunzel knocked on the palace door, a guard answered it. She was let in, when the King and Queen saw her they said "Oh, we have been blessed! Our long-lost daughter has come back!! We must celebrate this instant!!!”
Rapunzel was confused. She had always thought Mother Dancell was her mother. Not their Majesties! "Are you my mother papa? If so we shall celebrate!"
Halfway through the bash, the Queen asked Rapunzel, "Sweetie, who has been looking after you all these years?" Rapunzel answered, “Mother Dancell.”
King replied, "Off with her nut! Get the Executioner? I have someone who needs their nut off!" The Executioner came back.
The Queen said," Ah, yes. Can you execute Miss Mother Dancell?" He said, “Oh Your Majesty. It would be my honour!” Then Mother Dancell busted in, "I'm HEREEE!!”
But just as she was pulling out her wand, the Executioner snuck up behind her, he swung his axe and with a quick swing of his axe, her nut was off!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!