Men On Mars

One day, a kid called Max woke up with absolutely no memory of his past life at all. He woke up in a pitch black room with no idea where he was.
Suddenly, the lights snapped on, and he was blinded by the suddne flash of light. Then he heard shouting. “Hey who is this kid on the table? The boss didn’t tell us there would be a kid here as well as all the guards and the workers, which were no problem for us.”
He then heard guffaws and laughing. Their voices sounded reptilian and raspy. Max didn’t know a lot of things. He did not know he was on the Planet Mars and in a high security vault that was guarding tons and tons of diamonds and emeralds. These people were Martians and they had gotten past 60 guards and 40 workers trying to steal diamonds and emeralds. The diamonds and emeralds were to power powerful guns and a spaceship back to Earth so they can invade Earth with a whole Martian Army that Earth would not stand a chance against. No one but Max was alive now. And people back on Earth didn’t know about the Martians. Max didn’t know all this of course, but he knew these people were doing the wrong thing. He decided to play along and pretend he was asleep or unconscious. They picked him up and stuffed him in a sack. Then the Martians went outside to the spaceship they built.
One Martian called *()@?#* said, “Hey *#{[(), can you get the spaceship ready?” The Martians thought Max would suffocate when they got out of the security vault and out of the hub. But Max didn’t die. He still was alive! When they stepped outside, one of the Martians called *#()#* sniggered and exclaimed, “So much for this kid. He must be dead now.” “Yeah,” another Martian called *(##) said, “Let him out of the sack.”
So *()@?#* opened the sack. The Martians were so surprised when not a dead body floated out of the sack, but a very much alive body that knocked out one Martian called (#*), and *(##), and raced to the spaceship and took off. But let’s say that it was a very wonky take off and Max nearly crashed the ship. But, he saved the day, so all is well.
74 days, 23 hours and 56 minutes later, Max crash landed in Bass strait between the Australian main land and Tasmania, a State of Australia. That was very lucky, since this was an Australian mission.
It had all been on the news even before Max crash landed because the ASC (Australian Space Corporation) had cameras on Mars. Max came home a hero and he was famous until he died, for he was the kid who had saved Earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!