Stephanie's Fantastic Journey!

One sleepy Sunday afternoon as I lay resting on my bed, my eyes wandered across the room. For some unknown reason I felt drawn to my walk-in wardrobe. I don't know why, but there was something unusual about the lower row of hanging clothes.
Up until this time, I had not really paid any attention to my wardrobe, but I was most definitely being drawn by a strange feeling, so I decided to do some exploring.
I slowly walked towards the hanging clothes and separated my shirts. Surprise, surprise, blank wall! I must have been dreaming, as I felt sure there would be something to explain how I felt. Disappointed, I walked back to my bed. Just then Mum called out to me to bring her a pair of my sneakers to check the size. On returning to my wardrobe, bending down to fetch my sneakers, I noticed a bright, shining object on the wall.
I pushed the clothes aside and discovered the bright, shining object was a 'handle'! With trembling hands, I gently pushed down on the handle. The whole wall opened up and as I peered through, I saw a long, winding staircase heading down, which was lit with the most beautiful, soft green lanterns.
My head felt as if it was spinning like a top, I was so excited. I just had to descend this amazing staircase to see where it would take me. My steps became more and more cautious as I went down the staircase. As I reached the bottom, I saw an enormous wooden door. I opened it with excited hands, astounded to see the most beautiful sight one could ever imagine. There were bright red trees, gorgeous blue grass, a river the colour of a banana and multi-coloured animals roaming all over. Very tall people spoke in a language I had never heard before. When they spotted me I briefly felt afraid, but by their actions I realised they were friendly and asking me something. I soon realised that they were in fact speaking English, but in a reverse order.
A tall lady came up to me and said, "From you where are?" Not knowing where I was, it was difficult to know how to explain, so I simply smiled at her and she smiled back. I saw children floating on fluffy, white clouds. In the middle of a park stood a fantastic chocolate fountain. Some of the flowers were made of ice cream and others were made of candy. Being something of a sweet tooth, this really appealed to me!
After having so many sweet treats, I felt really tired, so I hopped on one of the fluffy white clouds which were so comfy and just drifted off to sleep. Then I heard a voice calling, "Stephanie!" Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Mum looking at me. I realised it had all been a fantastic dream. What a wonderful experience!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!