Little Me

Its dark, it’s creepy and it’s seriously wet. He feels like a little hazelnut trying to break free out of its shell. When Felix took a peek out of the dark place, everything in his backyard looked like some genius inventor, had invented a machine to make everything as big as a house.
Felix slowly started making his way towards the door, but then he heard a very faint sound, like giant footsteps heading his way. If you’re a normal sized person like his friend Sparky, those footsteps would sound like his brothers, but to Felix they make the ground shake like an earthquake.
Felix quickly hid by a small pot plant until the noise stopped, but it kept going. What was going on out there? He thought about finding out what that noise was, but it was too risky to be seen. At that moment Mum came bursting out the door. “Felix! Where are you?” Mum called sounding worried.
He tried to call out to her but it didn’t work, Felix was just too small. He had to think of something, but his mind was blank, completely blank. Felix searched around the backyard, (GINORMOUS backyard) for some inspiration and finally something caught his eye. It was the biggest doorbell Felix had ever seen, plus so high up, it looked like it was half a kilometre to get up there!
Felix looked around for something to climb up, but all he found was a rotten hamburger and a GINORMOUS stick. So Felix threw the stick at the doorbell, quickly stood beside the door and waited for someone to come. Unfortunately nothing happened. But out of the corner of his eye he saw a BIG rollercoaster like thing and decided to ride it. Fortunately it went straight through the window. Felix landed in a big, big place filled with books, books and a crocodile!
“A CROCODILE!!!” screamed Felix. But he sounded more like a bird with a broken neck than a tiny person shouting. There wasn’t a way out and Felix was only millimetres away from the crocodile grabbing his jumper, and well you’ll probably know. “HELP!!!” cried Felix.
Suddenly he felt the surroundings shake as if he were on a roller coaster. After that he heard footsteps and shouting, and then out of nowhere a blinding light filled the strange area. Felix walked slowly towards the blinding light and after he took another step, he started to descend into this strange world.
He looked up and saw that this strange world was green all over. It made Felix think of mint ice cream. Then he realised he was just covered in grass and leaves. He started to wonder what his friend Jack would’ve said if he was right beside him. “Ha- ha Felix you should’ve seen your dreamy face!” Then something caught his eye, a small size laser thing so he decided to try it out. To his amazement Felix began to get BIGGER! Phew! He was back to normal.
THE very small END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!