The Sheepish Shark

Once there was a shark called Chomps. He was very rich because his parents were the King and Queen. He could not stand getting bullied. One day, he was outside eating his lunch when some kids came over and were teasing him. He cried a lot. He went to a tent and no one came to help poor little Chomps.
“Mum!” said Chomps.
“What happened today?” said mum.
“Bullied!” Chomps said.
“Oh Chomp,” said mum, “You need to be brave enough. OK! Have some shrimp.”
The next day he was having a great day until some bullies were being mean to him again.
“Oh you are so mean,” said Chomps trying to hold his tears. But he just cried. Suddenly he heard music. It was time to go to sports. The next day he got bullied again and did not cry as much as you think.
It was a cool day in the sunlight zone on Monday. It was a lucky day, it was Chomps' birthday. He told his friends, so in class they did a complement circle. The teacher said that he was brave and smart. The teacher went to get some sheets from the office printer. She said keep on going so it was time for Ben the bully to say what he thought… "I think you’re a stupid shark and you’re dumb!" Chomps held his tears and at lunch he cried, again. He had a drink and went to the buddy bench. That is where we make friends thought Chomps. He sat down and started drawing in his diary, it was nice but no one came.
The next day it was the school‘s cafeteria opening day! So at lunch and recess he got so excited. He fell down on the floor because he was so excited but he did not get hurt. At lunch he had a fish burger and some ice cream. He had so much fun that day he did not get bullied.
The next day he met a schoolgirl. She was new and had dyslexia. Her name was Colette and she was kind and loved fashion. Chomps thought she was very pretty.
One day in the warm sunlight zone Chomps had gotten bullied once again as the class clown had made fun of him. Colette said to him, “Do not worry I am your friend.” It was like the coolest day and as she spoke she said words as if they were magic out of her mouth. It was like she cared about him!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!