I Found It

Dear Diary,
What is life? Like we are here on planet Earth for a reason right? We’re not just here to watch our only world evaporate in front of us because of each of our actions? Or is there no actual reason at all? Well that is exactly what I specifically want to find out by the end of this diary…. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE? My name is Elite. I am 16 now and my mother died when I was six. She left the house without warning, but was found later on a train track, dead of course. So, obviously it’s just me and my dad, alone, no one to help me.
Dear Diary,
OMG! My father literally just announced we were moving to Paris! Like, that is the foulest news I have ever heard since my mum died! Yes, the FOULEST! Like, I loathe travelling, I don’t want to move and I don’t even know what Paris is!!! He said were moving in a week so I better start packing. I have some packing to do…
Dear Diary,
It has been a week and we are now boarding a dumb, stupid flying thing in the sky, a plane. It’s my first time on a plane. My father has been on one, but definitely not me. They look cool, but I did expect more. In the movies they describe it like ‘silky, red seats. A waitress to yourself, a huge TV, and an air con’ here it just normal seats, a small TV, an air con you can hardly feel and no waitress to yourself.
Dear Diary,
We’re in Paris. It’s just as I thought, a boring old place with lots of people and shops. Just before dinner, father said we were going to a show called ‘Purpose.’ He said it was made to answer your questions. Sounds like it might be the place for me, highly unlikely though, it is a hard question. I’ve had it for 10 years! Sounds boring.
Dear Diary,
I was wrong! When I walked in the theatre the first thing I saw where the silky, red chairs and the clean ‘cat walk’ like carpet. We sat down in our seats, 10th row. A perfect spot, not to close or far. The curtains parted and in came girls with silky white feather dresses. They did flips, twirls and unbelievable crazy things. But the main thing that caught my eye was the girl. The singing girl. She sung about the purpose of things. Life, work and much more. As the music continued, the sweet melody filled my ears, answering my hopes, worries and the biggest question of all… WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?
Dear Diary,
The meaning is… LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL! You only have one life, so use it! Don’t spend your time sulking and being depressed like I was. Not one bit. You only have one life to learn, grow, have sex, party so don’t waste it. I FOUND IT.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!