I Fear...

I fear abandonment. Being left in the darkness. Alone. I’m stuck in a silent and empty void. There is no escape. No window I can lead from, and no bridge that can take me to the other side. Hello? Can anyone hear my desperate cry for help?

I fear affection. Love. Attention. Friendship. They are all foreign emotions. Because when I love, you leave. Please don’t leave. What if I finally open up to you, and you decide I wasn’t good enough? Will you leave me too?

I fear being a child. The world demands, and yet its orders I can’t comprehend. I have been forced to grow up. Really, I am an adult in a child’s body. What more work would you like me to do? Are you happy with your delivery world, or am I not good enough? Do I not fit the description?

I fear being myself. I can be wild and unpredictable, just like the windiest winter’s day. My mind has built indestructible iron walls keeping me in. No door. No escape. I may lose my mind, as I constantly stare at the prison gates. Am I going mad, or has madness already taken over?

I fear death and its uncertainties. Heaven. Hell. Paradise. What does it all mean? So many questions that can only be answered by leaving the living. Will I float and join the fallen, or travel through complete nothingness? Will I meet you on the other side and wave hello, or tumble down Alice’s rabbit hole never heard of again?

I fear life and its wicked game. I know I must stay strong and survive the battle, but what if I can’t? I know I must strike what frightens me most and defeat it once and for all, but what if I lose against this raging battle? Will I survive?

Should I lay down my weapons and finally stop this ongoing war inside of me, or gather my troupes and head to the heart of the battle? But I fear I may not survive…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!