THE OWL

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One night I went out for a walk. I went deep into the forest. Up ahead I saw a light glowing, it was green. I walked a little closer and I saw an owl in a top hat. He was holding something that looked like a gem I walked even closer and the owl said “interested are you?” So I said “well, kind of”
(I meant a lot). “It is a magical gem” said the owl. “Well, why is it so magical?” I asked.
“If you rub it and say what you want it will appear right in front of you”. “WOW!” I said. “Here, you have a go” said the owl.

I rubbed it and said a million dollars and sure enough one million dollars appeared right in front of me. Then something strange happened the owl disappeared into thin air. Anyway it was getting dark I thought I’ll go home and look for the owl tomorrow. I went back home and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up early. I ran downstairs, had breakfast, I got my coat and a torch and set off into the woods. I had been looking for about an hour when I came to a small clump of houses. The news about the owl must have spread because it was everywhere. I asked someone who the owl actually was. He said he was a magic owl. Then he asked if I had ever seen him and I said yes. He looked astonished. “Really?” He said. Yeah! I saw him just last night. “THIS BOY SAW THE OWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He yelled. The whole village went silent. He said he would go and get some people to help us find the owl. I was about to ask why but I was too late.

He came back with about ten people. We set off and I led the way. I was getting so tired then we saw him. He landed gently on the grass beside us. We took about a million pictures and then he flew away.

I hope he comes back one day to visit

The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!