Diabetes

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Waking up early morning, all you hear is the little girl yawning.
She does not get up to train for the Eagles, but to instead she takes irritating needles.
When the sound of silence slaps her class at school, her mashie goes off and that is not cool.
It goes off like a siren or a firearm, which people thinks it is a phone with a wake-up alarm.
Sometimes she is to low then to high, it is hard to control her sugar level when it just can’t decide.
Waking up in the middle of the night, she wakes up to an open light.
Her mum gives her sugary food because she was low, but at least the put her in a good mood.
When she is high she gets really mad,
She can’t control that so it is sad.
But through all of this, she shines,
You bet she is one of a kind.
She is bruised, she is brave.
She can find her way through the darkest cave.
Just because she is different, she is still the same
And whoever put's her down, there the one to blame.
This is who she was meant to be,
That the person who I write this for is me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!