Last Hope

Once upon a time, there lived a girl named Paula. She is really pretty. She has brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin. Paula is also the daughter of King Arthur. King Arthur is the father of three children, two boys and one girl. Lucky for Paula, she is the oldest of the three children. Paula had lost her mother when she was just two years old. Her mother was elegant and beautiful, just like Paula. Every year on Paula’s birthday, all she wanted to do was remember her mum and do everything that her mum would have done if it was her birthday. The day before her sixteenth birthday, her father had met another woman, Ursula, and Paula wasn’t happy for the simple fact that Ursula will never be Paula’s birth mother. Paula really wants her mother to be alive to celebrate one of the many milestones that Paula will have in her life.
THREE YEARS LATER
Paula’s father had fallen ill. Ursula told Arthur that Paula wasn’t ready to rule a country. Arthur considered it and called Paula into his room.
“Paula, my dearest, I know you are not going to like what I’m about to say.” Said King Arthur.
“Dad, your scaring me now. What did you want to tell me?”, enquired Paula.
“I know how much you wanted to be Queen when you turn nineteen, but I was thinking unless you prove it to my army, then you may rule the country.” Said King Arthur, sadly.
“What???!!! That isn’t fair. I have proved myself every year and now you want to tell me that I have to prove myself to your army to become queen???”, Paula said very angrily.
After the blow up between King Arthur and Paula, her father was getting worse. Paula had gone into her room and studied hard on everything she has been taught over the years. After five hours of studying, Paula insisted that she was ready to prove herself to her father’s army. Everyone had attended her trials so then they can help the army to decide whether she should rule the country or not.
After ten hours of trialling Paula, the army had reached a decision. “PAULA IS READY TO RULE THE COUNTRY!!!!”, said the leader of the army.
Paula was so excited, so she decided to go into her room and look through her clothes and chuck out clothes that aren’t what a queen needs to wear. After that, Ursula came into the room and said, “Paula, your father wants to talk to you.”
Paula ran into her father’s bedroom and saw everyone was there, including her brothers. Her eldest brother, Jordan, walked up to her and said,” Paula, I’m really sorry. It’s dad.”
She walked past everyone and up to her father, where he’s body lay stiff and lifeless. Paula couldn’t help but break down and Jordan ran up to her and hugged her while walking her out of the room slowly.
To be continued.……….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!