I AM Emily

Dear Diary,
Today I was at work doing the usual un-packing stock at the grocery market and Jack, Samantha and Anna waved to me on their way home, it’s always a pleasure.
I got a surprising visit from Mr Napoli, he had to tell me some news. Once I heard it I was heartbroken and devastated……...Jack is getting bullied. My heart immediately shattered into a million tiny little pieces, I felt guilty and embarrassed because I didn’t know that Jack was in a depressed state, “have I been focusing too much on Rob and Samantha to not even not notice what’s going on in my son’s life?” At that moment I immediately called Rob and we instantly drove home.
When I got home I rushed up the steps and opened the door, all three kids were stunned to see me. Samantha ran up to me gave me a massive hug, then Rob came home and Samantha gave Rob a hug, then Jack made an attempt at making a joke “we only need Nanna now”. I always laugh at his jokes even if they’re crummy but not this time, my eyes are watering and I’m whispering under my breath “I’m sorry Jack, I’m sorry”. “Anna told her parents everything. Everything Mr Napoli spoke to me, Jack. Mr Napoli……”.
I walk up to jack and put my arms him and I start to cry quietly. I tell Jack “your always so strong, Jack. You’re only a boy, but you’re so strong”. He puts his arms around me I say “I’m so sorry Jack. I should have known. I should have. Too involved with myself”. I hold him tighter and I start bawling my eyes out and my chest is heaving like huge waves and then Jack starts blubbering it looks like a tsunami occured.
Samantha snuggles next to Jack then Rob puts his hand on Jacks shoulder it turns in to a group hug. I’m going to call the principal tomorrow and tell them that Jack is getting bullied by George Hamel as see if he is going to get severe consequences. I want him to go through what Jack went through, but I still feel guilty and embarrassed because I didn’t know. I feel like my heart was a ticking time bomb and it exploded, I trusted that school, I thought Jack was safe, he went through a heart breaking experience he was called bum head by the whole school he even had spit balls spat at him.
Well that’s all for today diary I’ll check back in with you tomorrow.
Mum

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!