Poppy’s Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition




Poppy’s Adventure

Poppy dreamed of flying her whole life (it wasn’t much)! One day she asked her dad if he could make a toy plane that was big enough for two people. Of course her dad said “yeah” and worked on it all day. Her dad was a Toy Maker and could build all kinds of toys from dolls to houses. But what Poppy didn’t know was that the toy plane was an actual plane so when she and her dog, Jasper tried flying it for the first time the plane flew out of the open window. She tried to come back in but, she couldn’t . “Ahhh” she cried, mostly scared she would fall off. Her dad closed the window behind her feeling most happy she was gone. Poppy and Jasper flew up into the sky so they could see the whole of Babinda. She thought about coming to see the real world (with a plane). Then Poppy saw a bird! It squawked at them “squawk squawk”. She was terrified of birds! Eventually it got tired of squawking at them and went back home to it’s nest. She thought about where to go and decided to go to Peong Chang, since they hold the Winter Olympics this year. It was a looooong fly there and Poppy didn’t know how to fly. She got the hang of it quickly and flew there. At least there would be snow to eat! When they came to Peong Chang , they looked for the Winter Olympics and found it. They saw Figure Skating and ate popcorn, snow and pizza.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!