The Dragon Saves The Day

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

There once was a dragon called Griff. He had white spots and a blue tail. His claws were sharp and his eyes were orange like flames. Griff was good at flying. One day he flew over a castle and he saw a princess that was in trouble. An evil wizard was chasing her on the roof of a castle because he wanted her precious jewels, especially her golden crown. The princess looked scared and was crying for help.
Griff spread his wings and dived towards the wizard. He knocked the wizard over with his tail. The wizard fell of the castle into the lake with a huge splash. The princess was happy to be safe from the wizard but scared because Griff was a dragon.
Griff said to the princess, "I am Griff, climb on my back and I will fly you to your window so you can climb into your room."
"Thankyou," said the princess, "My name is Leah and I am very thankful for what you did to that evil wizard. I must give you something for saving me."
Griff thought about what Leah had said. He thought of his dark, small, smelly cave and how it was always full of squeaky bats and scary spiders.
"A new cave would be nice," said Griff. So when the princess returned to her room, she called to the king and told him to find a new cave for her rescuer.
All the knights in the castle went out to find Griff a new cave. Finally, after weeks of searching, they found a nice when next to the seaside. Griff thanked them and lived the rest of his 492 years in his sunny, roomy, fresh smelling cave. He never saw another evil wizard again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!