Famous Time Traveller

I am Amos. I am a scientist. Well, I’m not really a scientist. I just work at a science lab as a cleaner. My BIG dream is to be a world famous scientist.

One day I had just finished cleaning and had packed up my gear. I turned to go when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who was there. Huh? No-one?

Then someone appeared out of nowhere! It was Professor Alan Ashford. He had taken off his invisible cloak and was working on a time machine! He told me that the time machine was finished and he needed someone to test it. He asked ME if I would test the time machine. I said, “OF COURSE!”

The next week it was time to time-travel. I packed my bags and some headphones and walked to Professor Ashford’s lab. When I got to the lab I hopped into the time machine. It was a perfect sphere. Small on the outside, but very spacious on the inside. As I entered the machine I felt a bit nervous. I was going to be the first ever time traveller!

The time machine had a seat that tightened to just the right size for your backside and it had this cool wavy pattern that moved on the wall.

Professor Ashford said, “Are you ready?”
I said, “I think so.”
Professor Ashford pressed a button and everything whirled and swirled and flashed light blue and dark, then everything went black.

The machine started to talk through the speaker. It said, “You are currently 100 years back in time!” I looked around I had been plopped on a lush green hill. I thought….. I still have my headphones! I went down the hill and into a small town. When I got there, I noticed what clothes everyone was wearing. I looked down at my clothes. They were the same as everybody else's

I walked up to someone and asked where I was. He looked surprised, but he answered anyway. He said, “This is Perth, Australia.”
“What's the date today?’ I asked. “I forget things like that.”
The man said, “It is the April 1st, 1918.”
Let’s just hope no one spots my headphones, I thought.

All of a sudden, without warning, the man I met started to talk. He was a complete and total chatterbox! Then he spotted my headphones! He asked, “What are they?”
I said, “They’re headphones.”
He asked, “What do they do?” I told him you could listen to music with them.
“Where do you get headphones?”

“About…..100 years in the future”.

“How do you know that headphones are 100 years in the future?”

“Because I am a time traveller from the future.” I explained.
“I better go now,” added. So off I went to the time machine. Waving goodbye, I hopped into the time machine.

When I got back to the lab everybody knew about me. I was famous.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!