Leo The Shark And The Shell Discovery Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time, there was a shark named Leo. He was happy all the time because he had a collection of seashells and a giant book about seashells. One day, he looked in his book to see if he could find something new. Thus, Leo thought there was nothing new in his book as he had been through all the pages already.
Suddenly, before he could say another word, something shiny came to his attention in one of the pages. He looked at it carefully, and it was a shiny rainbow shell. Therefore, Leo decided to pack his things and search for the shiny rainbow shell. As he was so excited, he did not read the note section in the book as it said: "It is hard to find the rainbow shell and it was discovered first in the 1990’s”. So, Leo spent hours looking for the shiny rainbow shell. He spent hours and hours looking for it. He thought he would never find it.
Leo started to lose hope, but suddenly, he saw something shiny far away, and he swam towards it. The closer he got, the reflection of the light was getting more brilliant, brighter and colourful. When he arrived close to it, Leo could not believe his eyes. Out there, was the shiny rainbow shell. He was so happy that he could not believe his eyes.
Back home, he invited all his friends over to see the very rare shiny rainbow shell. The next day, Leo packed his things again for a new adventure. He looked in his book and saw something interesting. He read it, which said: “If you are a shark and your neighbour is a dolphin then, the dolphin has the most beautiful and shiniest shell. It is even brighter than the rainbow shell”. He quickly unpacked his things and ran to the dolphin his neighbour to showed him what the book said. The dolphin was very kind hearted and happily gave the shiniest shell he had to Leo. Leo was proud of his fabulous seashells collection and played with them for day after day, after day.
Suddenly, one day again, he decided to go on a new adventure. He looked in his book for what else can be found. One more time, Leo packed his things for a discovery adventure shell and one more time, he was not after an ordinary shell; he was after the fanciest shell in the WORLD! It was the longest discovery adventure; the shell was found in 2016. However, Leo had made a lot of new friends and became very popular in the ocean.
Very often, Leo would go on a new adventure searching for something different to add to his collection. Before he knew it, Leo the shark was known by all the sea creatures for having the most famous and extraordinary shells collection. The sea creatures came from all around the sea world to visit his renowned shell collection. Moreover, Leo lives happily ever after.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!