What If A Gift Started To Fly At A Crowded Bus Stop?

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time, a girl named Emily was waiting at a crowded bus stop. Emily was holding a ginormous present in her hands, as she was on her way to her best friend’s birthday party. All of a sudden, Emily saw her best friend walking through the crowd towards her. Emily didn’t want her to see the present, she didn’t know what to do! Without really thinking, Emily threw the present up into the air. ‘Woosh’ Emily watched as the present suddenly grew wings and started to fly away. “No, no nooooo!” Emily thought as she ran through the crowd while trying to keep an eye on the present. Once through the crowd, she kept running following the present – down the street, past her school, over a hill, through a forest of trees, up over a fence. Oh no, Emily couldn’t see over the fence. Had the present landed in someone’s backyard? Emily was most upset! What was she going to do now? She really needed that present! Emily looked around and realised where she was – her house was just next-door! The present had flown into her neighbour’s backyard. Emily ran inside her house, out through the back door and jumped onto her trampoline. Emily started jumping as high as she could – she could see into the neighbour’s backyard. And there sitting on the neighbour’s deck, was her best friend’s present!! Emily ran over to her neighbour’s house and knocked on the front door. Anna, her neighbour answered the door. Emily quickly explained what had happened – Anna didn’t know what to believe, but she let Emily through to collect the present. Emily thanked Anna and then ran all the way to her best friend’s party. She arrived just in time for musical statues! Emily was relieved because that is her most favourite party game of all time!
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!