The Fight Of The Underneath

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

The underneath is a frightening place.The ground is made up of dried up lava, there are no trees, they are all dead.There isn't a bright blue sky, it is only rocks created by the mischievous Admins. My family has been here for years but has never seen the light of day since we were sent here. We are imprisoned so we cant escape with our power.The Admins only come, to our feet against the fire, to laugh and humiliate us in front of the others.We have been planning an escape for years but never have we ever attempted our attack until now and this is our plan: We first need a distraction, We'll freeze the guards so they don't ruin our plans, it won't be that easy but we might need to set a trap. My brother said he will open the gate so we can escape.Our last and final step will be confronting the Admins with all our might.Then we will be able to seek the light again, tomorrow will be our attack. We hear the breakfast bell so we escort ourselves to the hall but instead of taking a left we take a right towards the front gate.The seven guards are pointing and blocking our escape with electric swords given by the Admins, we all use our freeze breath and stop the guards but then they call for backup. The two rounded staircases that meet are now full of guards ready for an attack. I quickly make a bird sound that signals my sister to release the net, so now that they're trapped we freeze the guards so none of them can cut through the net. We make an exit and my brother releases the gate behind so the others can't escape. Our first mission is complete, we walk up the steep hill to the Admins fortress but in a matter of seconds we feel the rattle of the ground shaking but all of a sudden we fall, we have fallen into their trap! We see them on their thrones laughing, all three of them, we get our fire flames ready but they start floating and knocking us to the ground. we feel the pain, energy washing away but we keep on going, I send the dolphin sound and we all start lifting ourselves to the roof, directing our power to the middle making a power rainbow that points our combined power at the Admins. The Admins souls are gone and power is now drifted away. Now they were humans not monsters but it is not the end of our adventure we still need to do one more thing.We need travel to the overworld, but after these memories, my sister was saying we should keep the spirit alive so we decided to stay here to tell this story to the younger generation, but one day we will begin a new life there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!