Never Again

The door creaked open very slowly; I got more and more nervous as the room was revealed. From what I could see, it looked like a scene from a horror movie, but I never get scared of movies or TV shows or books or comics but this, this was real.
I stepped into the wooden room then stopped in the middle to look around, I had chills going through my body- there were teddy bears with missing eyes and ears, dolls with missing limbs and deer heads hanging off the walls!
I looked up at the black and white screen of the TV. Why was the room abandoned? Why was the TV on? How long has the TV been on for? These were all the questions going through my head.
The room was covered in thick black dust and every time I took a breath, it would blow into the air revealing the red wood of the furniture and walls. I felt a sense of fear run through my back.
“BANG!” I turned around startled. “What was that?” I asked myself, to find it was the TV. All I could think of were thoughts like, ‘why I shouldn’t have come’ and ‘why I should go home now’ and that’s when I realised, I could smell fresh cookies.
I started to walk towards the smell, it was coming from what looked like a kitchen, there was an elderly woman in there- she was wearing a white apron with blood splotches all around, on top of her floral nightgown and her white hair rolled up into a French twist.
She looked up at me with her huge blue eyes then smiled with her yellow and brown teeth and said, “You must drink this Kool-Aid or you don’t get a cookie,” in her high pitched voice. I made a run for it, straight passed her, through the dining room and sprinted down the hall with the paintings on the walls following me with their eyes. I heard a groan, “Quick she’s coming!”
Finally, I got to the door then suddenly it slammed shut, I tugged on the doorknob, it’s locked. I turned around, my back against the door, to see the old lady standing there, smacking her rolling pin into her left hand…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!