Magic Marathon

“Ouch!” I shouted as I fell over in the greatest marathon of all time. I had fallen over; my leg was bleeding and it was disgusting. I was winning the marathon by a mile, literally. I dragged myself for a long time, until magically, I began to fly. It was pure magic, I was completely speechless. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My lifetime dream had come true.
But I realised as I was flying, my leg was healing. Again, it was pure magic. What was happening? When my leg was finished healing, I dropped back on the ground. But I didn't know where I was. I was completely off course. I had no idea where I was. I was terrified, so I kept on running. I ran and ran until I came to a familiar place I was back on the track. I screamed, “YAY!” I was still in front by a little bit, but I could hear people coming up behind me. But the sound was faint, so I was safe. As I was running, something jumped out of the bush, I screamed I had no idea what it was. I took one quick look and from what I saw it looked like a snake. I didn't stop. I kept on running. But as I looked back the snake was following me, and I thought I heard him say, “Thissss issss my race, I will win.”
I kept on running, maybe even sprinting, I was absolutely terrified. As I got along the course, the snake couldn’t keep up and lost me. Then all of a sudden, a kangaroo jumped out of the bush. Again, I kept on running and the kangaroo followed me too. I did the same and eventually the kangaroo lost me, too. But again, another animal crawled out of the bush, this time it was a blue tongue lizard. I ran and ran, away from him, but he was really fast and didn’t lose me. Then the finish line came in sight, I looked back behind me and the blue tongue lizard wasn’t there. It was like it had just disappeared in thin air. It was so weird. I crossed the finish line and I had won the marathon. As I stood on the podium to get my medal, I said to myself, “That would have to be the weirdest marathon I have run and will ever run.” But will it ever happen again, did it happen to everyone else?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!