Kicked Out

Blinded! For what seemed like forever, my eyes adjusted to the dark and dusty gym I once trusted but now betrayed me. I struggled to lift my head, my eyes wondered, everything became focused I could see the specks of dust floating in the air, the irritating sensation of chalk that had entranced and inhaled up my nose, then everything stopped.

“My name” I thought to myself, my eyes quickly met the dainty sound among the unbearable yelling and blasting music. “Tazie!” my eyes teared again “Why would she leave!”. She sat her young and muscular body next to mine. I looked willingly into her eyes a fiery anger, yet a little glisten peeked through. She explained in her soft and settle voice, the head coaches (Elise & Alister) had kicked her out!! How could she be so settle, I grunted my teeth, clenched my fists and raged in my head. How dare the head coaches think that they are that good to kick out Andrea! Andrea had been my first close friend at gym, we laughed, cried and made the weekly pun together, she was like my big sister.
I screamed in my head “IF SHES LEAVING, IM LEAVING TO!” training felt like it would never end. We lined up, tumbled, turned and leaped until we reached the edge of exhaustion. Height order along the red Velcro line I stood, The magic clock hit 8:05. I ran out like a cheeter with a pack of hungry and tired wolves behind me. I lazily slipped on my UGG’s, threw my stuff in my bag, chucked my bag over my shoulder and ran out the door.

The cold bitter air hit my face, I struggled to find the Hyundai 130 in the pitched black night. I stepped carefully watching out for shards of glass or small painful sharp rocks. I managed to find the white number plate 1BF-9PF with the small reflection against the street lights. I pulled the handle, looked at mum and jumped in. I slammed the door behind me, adjusted my seat and buckled in, ready for the ride.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!