Maelstrom

Bam! Boom! Bang! Thunder roared like a livid lion and lightning shattered the obsidian sky into a thousand of framents. Heavy drops of rain plummetted towards the raging seas below. Menacing clouds concealed the luminous moon, as she cackled maliciously.

Clinging onto the slippery rail, I gasped desperately for air as the enraged sea sprayed me with her salty spit. Stumbling onto the cedarwood deck, I finally managed to reach for the radio. No signal.

A suddem jolt battered the boat. The sea swelled, foaming and frothing pounding against the side of the ship sounding like African djun djun drums. Struggling to keep stable, I stumbled around the tilting deck and began to experience vertigo.

I coughed out flecks of bile in the midst of the turmoil, my stomach heaving as I collapsed to the ground. My eyes rolled back and a kaleidscope of wondrous hues spread across my vision.

As I felt myself fading into the charcoal sea, I could just hear a voice pleading for me to awaken.

“Cleo! Get out the bathtub NOW!” ordered Mum.
“But...but Mum,” I replied , my voice laden with disappointment. “I am still playing with my boats!”
“Now Cleo! You’ll be late for school!”
“Yes, Mum,” sighing.

Reluctantly, I clambered out of the ivory bathtub, dressed and headed for breakfast.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!