A New Planet

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

A NEW PLANET by Isabelle Potter, Malvern Central School, Year 3

Bam! Crash! Thump!
I felt really dizzy. I didn't know what was happening.
I yelled for "help" but nobody came. I didn't know what to do.
I felt like I was sinking underground. "What's going to happen?", I asked myself.
I'm slipping through sand. I'm sinking, but not in water. "What a strange feeling this is", I thought.

Twisting, twirling and falling through sand, then all of a sudden I land. When I feel brave enough to open my eyes, I look around to discover the most magnificent landscape I have ever seen. There are plants and colourful fluorescent flowers. There are mountains with snow tops. I can even see a village in the distance with a living community.

I ran to the village to find friendly and kind aliens and unusual looking animals, all living together in peace. The aliens have five eyes and two noses. They have tubes on their faces, and blue skin. They communicate with sign language. They welcome me to their planet and tell me about their past and what they do. The planet is called Miaria. You can't see Miaria from a telescope from Earth, and that is why it has not been discovered as part of the solar system. The planet is quite cold as it is far from the sun and is beyond Pluto. My new alien friends give me special warm clothing and ask me to stay with them.

Today, I live on this new planet, Miaria. I love it here because it is hidden away from other planet wars. It is peaceful and the environment is beautiful and safe. The aliens are my best friends and accept me even though I am a human. They call me "Earthling" and take care of me.
What a wonderful new planet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!