Small Girl Meets Big Speedway Bike

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Holding a piece of paper, it was an invite. It read `Come and Try’ with a picture of people racing a speedway bike. I felt excited and nervous as I walked towards the speedway track. I could smell a smell of burning fuel in the air. Waiting at the gate entrance, I met a boy twice my size and age. The boy and I walked in with an Official to the middle of the track. My boots felt big and heavy. It was the big boys turn first. When he hopped on the bike, I thought the bike looked big. The boy rode two laps then jumped off. IT WAS MY TURN! Walking towards the bike, it was shiny. The Official had to help me on the bike as I was too small and it was so big. The sound of the bike rumbled through my body. The Official had to push the bike to get me moving. As I rode round the track, I was so excited but a tiny bit scared. Lap two went past and I went a bit faster. Lap four, I went faster again. By lap five, I didn’t want to get off, but it was my last lap. The Official waved the red flag so I slowed down all the way off the throttle. I was too small to stop the bike so two Officials linked arms and caught me and the big bike. When I hopped off, everyone high fived me. I was so happy. At that moment, I knew what I was meant to be... a Speedway Racer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!