A Cantalopeye Murder Case

A shrill cry echoed in the distance. It was finished.

It was your average Friday night in the humble town of Cantalopeye. People were just turning off their lights, or putting the last of the dishes away, and during this, two very dark and despicable men slipped through the shadows…

“Over three years have passed and barely nothing has been identified from the Cantalopeye murder case.” Reports Eva Tattle on the Friday night news “The only thing Police can pull together, is that every murder that has taken place in this town has been on the third Friday of every month, our latest unfortunate Friday night victim being, the late Sarah Muffintop.”

“Not only was Sarah Muffintop murdered in her own Muffin shop, but was murdered in an extremely horrific way. A very large assortment of muffins were stuffed down her throat until she suffocated, the only witness being blueberry the kitchen cat. Strangely, no fingerprints seemed to have taken place upon her body, so they can only conclude that she had killed herself, but of course, that is not the case. This is Eva Tattle, Goodnight.”


Rucinni Sallyberry and Sultinni Burrylurry stayed up every night that week planning their next Friday night outing, as it seemed that this particular episode had sparked something especially horrible in their minds.

It was not your average Friday night in the dying town of Cantalopeye, people were just locking their doors, or pulling their covers tight over their heads, as the two very dark and horrible men carrying two screaming sacks slipped through the shadows for the very last time.


Hello and Welcome to the Friday night news

“It is quite fortunate that I broadcast this news story to you tonight. The long lasting “Cantalopeye Murder Case” has finally been cracked! But it is with great sorrow that I report the death of Lucy Lollipop Lady. Apparently just before police turned the key in the cell, something very disturbing happened. For some reason poor Lucy was working in the dark, as a tinted grey car ran straight over her. Sadly the number plate could not be recalled, but unusually Ruchinni Sallyberry and Sultini Burrylurry confessed their own names as the murderers that have almost extinguished this town.”


The grey tinted car rumbled down the road, dust flying, a sign hanging on the last of its hinges, reading:

“Thanks for visiting Cantalopeye!”

The fake Ruchinni and Sultini locked up in Cantalopeye prison for life, stiff hands grasping the cold hard bars of the prison cell, not knowing what they had gotten into.



Goodbye Cantalopeye




SOME TIME LATER


Town after town, city after city, slowly blinking out one at a time. Something would have to be done. But nothing could, no one in their right minds could stop these greedy, selfish, menacing men. Nothing but their own common sense could seize their murdering ways, nothing.

Eva lies in bed every night thinking of what could of been, and what she should of done, and knows that one day she should use what she knows to do exactly this.

So as the early morning shone through the windows of Tattle Cottage, friday night news reporter Eva Tattle stepped out the door to face what should but probably could not be done.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!