World War 2

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"Get going!" yelled the Commander as he was making the soldiers do 65 burpees. George was always getting pushed around even taking a break after training. One day George decided to sit at a single seat table, he felt very lost and alone.
"Attention soldiers, you will be leaving for the big fight against the German Army Force," announced the old speaker. George started to worry about going to this war. "What have I done?" George questioned to himself. After eating, he got ready for war and suddenly found a picture of his loving caring family. He collected the photo and tucked in in to his khaki green jacket, then took his 33.caliber army issue rife and fastly ran into the massive two straight lines. Now all the soldiers marched onto the large grey steel warship until it was full of the brave soldiers ready to fight the Germans.
One hour later the warship arrived at the battlefield, "FIRE!" shouted the Commander as bullets raced by killing soldiers one by one. George couldn't believe his own eyes, he shot a round of his rifle and killed a German soldier. George was so frightened, he took cover behind a dusty barrier of sandbags. He pulled out a the picture he had grabbed earlier of his family, “Hold on, I'm coming home alive," he hoped as a teardrop ran down his face. BOOM! A grenade exploded in the distance. Bullets killed the Germans and Australians, the warship shot their enormous naval guns to destroy the Type-61 combat tanks. George really wanted to retreat but the Commander refused his beg. George heard a nuclear siren go off... BSSHH!! The nuclear bomb launched into the sky, "RETREAT!" All the Australian soldiers quickly raced onto the warship except George couldn't catch up with the rest of the team, SLAM!
The last soldier to get on slammed the door. The huge warship left without no care about George, suddenly he found a metal box. George hid in there and closed his eye...
KKKAAABBBOOOMMM!!! The nuclear exploded making the ground shake like an earthquake. But the brave soul George survived. Later an army helicopter picked him up and brought him back to the base. George only suffered minor injuries. The next day the whole team chose to celebrate the victory of defeating the Germans, "HOORAY!!" Who knows, now there might just be revenge. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!