The Three Naughty Princesses

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"Girls come down stairs", yelled the Queen. "Yes Mother", her Princesses Zahra, Sofia and Nora yelled back and made their way down the stairs.

"One of you shall wear the family crown for the royal ball on Thursday", the Queen said. "This crown is powerful and has been passed down by your ancestors. Before Thursday I will decide who will wear the royal crown. You will have four challenges to test your worthiness"

"Wow", the princesses say as they stare at the crown. The crown was gold with three gems that represents their three ancestors who where sisters just like them.

Later that night in their rooms.

"Mother wont know that I can just take a little sneak peak at the crown." said Princess Zahra.

"I'll take the crown and hide it so none of them can find it. And by Thursday I will find it and Mother will think I'm worthy to wear the crown to the ball." said Princess Sofia.

"I'll mess up the challenges for my sisters", said Princess Nora. "This should guarantee I will wear the crown to the royal ball.

The princesses snuck out of their rooms and downstairs to the family room where the crown was laying on a royal pillow.

"Hey", the Princesses all yelled. "Quiet, you'll wake Mother", whispered Zahra.

Sofia grabbed the crown, Nora grabbed the crown and then Zahra tried pulling the crown from her sisters with all her strength. SNAP!!! All the girls flew backward as the crown broke into three pieces. The three princesses freaked out. Nora raced to her Mothers bedroom. Sofia caught her and said, "you can't tell Mother, if you do she will ground us for life. Remember the crown has been part of are family for centuries."

"We have to work together to fix this crown", says Zahra. "No fighting Sofia."

The girls worked together to fix the crown. The were worn out, it was morning and the crown is finally fixed.

After breakfast the girls head outside to complete their chores. While the girls were doing their chores they heard Mother call, "Family meeting! Family meeting." The girls all came inside.

"Girls, I have your four challenges. The first challenge is to make your own dress for the ball. The second challenge is to perfect your dinner manners. The third challenge is to practice the royal dance and the fourth challenge is to not fight with each other. If you fail any of these challenges you will not wear the crown to the ball", said the Queen.

The day of the ball came, the girls had made a huge effort and each had successfully completed all four challenges. The girls were standing in the family room waiting for the mothers decision on who will wear the crown. All of a sudden the crown floats up into the air and with a POP the crown splits into three crowns, one for each of the princesses.

Their mother places the crowns on the princesses head and looked at them with pride. They were all ready for the royal ball.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!