The Master Of Light

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon an ordinary day…
...KA-BLAM! The warehouse shook with yet another bomb detonating in front of it. The master of light, whose name was Leo, who was 12, could do nothing to stop the army from attempting to penetrate the warehouse walls. He may not be able to stop the explosions, but he was able to escape and live like a normal kid again, it was a very interesting journey. So he disappeared in a blinding flash of light. He reappeared under a bridge near a school, so he conjured himself a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and walked over to the school to enrol himself. But before he even got there, a mysterious black bird swooped down and dropped a letter at his feet. So Leo bent down and picked it up, it said, “Wherever you’re hiding, we will find you!” It was from the army, they were obsessed with finding Leo, so they would find him eventually even though their tracking skills weren’t top notch. The following day it was the start of term 1 so Leo walked there from a house he had bought by conjuring 500,000 bucks. He was introduced to his new class and was seated next to a kid who had piled his desk high with text books, so he was obviously very smart. CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! That was the sound of army work boots coming down the corridor… so Leo hid under his desk and waited for the worst to come, but it never did, the army soldier that was passing by was only looking through the windows, so he didn’t see Leo as he was under the desk. Although as Leo got to his feet, the class started laughing at him, so the soldier came back and saw Leo standing up. With a roar of rage, he flung the door open and charged towards Leo, just as Leo launched himself into a back flip out the window! Fortunately for Leo, he landed in a bush. As for the soldier, he called for backup and then he leapt out the window, but he hit his head on the window so he was out cold. Leo stood up, but it was too much for his legs so he fell over and hit his head on a rock. He was knocked out cold! When he woke up, he was in a cage lying on cold concrete floor facing a tall chair hovering a few centimetres off the ground. Suddenly the chair spun around and Leo saw a very familiar face, none other than the Commander of the army, General Josh. “Hi Leo,” said Josh, dangling the keys in front of Leo to be annoying… FFFWWWTTT! Leo threw a ball of pure light at Josh making him drop the keys. Leo snatched them up and freed himself. Then he banished Josh to another dimension to make sure there was no more trouble from the army.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!