Vegetables

Hello, it's no one (there is actually someone, but I can't tell you my name for security reasons). Let me just say I'll be telling you about something horrible, something disgusting. Yes, vegetables.
It was dinner time and like most fussy eaters, I wasn't looking forward to it. But my sister was. (I can't tell you her name for security reasons.) I was closing my eyes, waiting for what my parents would place before me. I could hear my sister squeal in delight. I could smell that dreaded smell fill my nostrils with pain. Vegetables.
Broccoli, rhubarb, peas, corn, lettuce and carrots.
"Arggg!" I groaned. "No, no and noooo!"
"Eat or NO DESSERT!" my parents yelled.
Oh no! I thought. I haven't had dessert in a week!
I decided to try the corner of a carrot. My stomach was knotted and my taste buds got ready to DIE! I slowly brought it up to my mouth to take that disgusting nibble. It was... It was... DELICIOUS! I gobbled up all of my veggies before my sister could finish!
My reward was TWO scoops of ice cream!
So what's the moral of the story? Never tell your name for security reasons and always eat your veggies! YUM!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!