Dan Had A Good Day

It was a hot summer’s Sunday and there was this boy named Dan. Dan was 12 years old and was in year 7. Dan lived in Cape Town where there was not much clean water. He was only allowed 60 litres each day.
Dan’s mum and dad worked at a sock factory and needed a lot more cotton and wool soon and very soon. So Dan’s mum and dad’s boss asked them to go to Brisbane to get some more and they said yes.

The next day Dan’s mum and dad went to the airport and jumped into the oldest, smallest, ugliest plane they have ever seen anyway they said so they jumped in and went down the runway and they flew of and one of the wheels fell but luckily is was a sea plan and they were going to land in water.

So now Dan was all alone and then as he was thinking that he was all alone. Dan’s aunty Ella turned up and it was Dan’s favourite aunty and Dan had the biggest smile anyone has ever seen.

Dan spent the rest of the evening playing with Aunt Ella on the computer. That night after having the best dinner Dan had ever had the phone rang. It was Dan’s Mum and Dad. Dan answer the phone and it was Dan’s mum. They talked all night and said that they will be coming home at 2:00pm tomorrow Dan said ’’ok see you then bye’’.

Then Dan went to bed feeling really happy and excited for the next day. Then Saturday came and the bright sun rose. Dan slowly took his sheets off opened his eyes and walked out to the dining room and made some waffles with mint choc ice cream.

Aunt Ella was in the shower and singing really loud and it sounded terrible and Dan couldn’t resist it. After Aunt Ella’s shower Dan jumped in the shower. He washed his hair cleaned his body and came out smelling like rosemary.

It was nine o’clock and Dan was having morning tea with Aunt Ella. They had homemade pumpkin scones with butter they were good and really good. After pumpkin scones they went out to the bright red car that Aunt Ella got just before she came. They jumped in and drove off to the shops to get some food for dinner tonight for when Dan’s Mum and Dad came home. They got a caramel cake with sprinkles for desert, some bread rolls, chicken and salad.

When they got home it was ten to two and so they rushed out to the red car got all the food and made the bread rolls and set the table they just finished in time and the doorbell rang and Dan opened the door and it was Dan’s mum and dad for the rest of the night they ate all the bread rolls and the cake and Dan’s family lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!