Never Give Up

Today is Tuesday 14th June 1423
When I was born…
“Aww”, my Mother howled, “Isn’t she adorable!”, my Dad also howled. (Just remember that the time I’m setting the story in was when I was only a pup.) “Can I go hunting Mum?” my sister yelped, “Of course” said my Mum. “We need everything you can get”. That’s when disaster struck, while my parents were out searching for some leaves for the cave, I was snatched from my home and put in a strange, moving thing, oh yea a truck, but then I was put in a cage and taken to a huge building.
There were lots of dogs and foxes, but hardly any dingoes or wolves. I saw a sheet of paper that said “Wolf 2” so maybe there are only two wolves? I don’t know, but maybe. When I was put in a small room, I was excited for a bit, until I realised that they were just four blank walls. After a short nap, I was tied on a rope and attached to a small cart with three other small dogs; I think we were pulling bricks or something. I was finally done when I was put back in my small room. Through a small window I noticed some dogs had a lot of battle scars, that’s what made me scared.
I’m now two, but in wolf years I’m 17 and its now 1425. The hatch to let me out was open so I went through when I was grabbed by the neck and tossed by a massive German Shepard. Suddenly, a brown wolf stood up to it and made the German Shepard retreat. He took a lot of care for me and suddenly I was back to normal in a few weeks. When I was put in a pen with a bull and a few other dogs we forced it into a smaller pen I got a few scratches but otherwise I was fine.
Today I was let out again and I tried to escape. I ended up with a terrible cut to the chest and left with no food or water for two days.
I tried again and again and again but it never worked, until that wolf one day saw what I was trying to do and then he said he would help me. He treated my wounds and then I was hooked up to another cart. I pulled about five carts of bricks, cement and livestock when I was dumped outside again. I met up with that lovely brown wolf again and I asked for his name. He said his name was Barley and he was here to help me.
We counted down three, two, one and… we jumped escaping the large structure I thanked him and we ran off
I met back up with my pack, my Mum, Dad and sisters. THE END
A story isn’t a story without a meaning, and so this story’s meaning is to never give up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!