Salvation

The moment they had feared was finally upon them; the electric storm had arrived. With the world in ruins, they began to board the ship in hope of SALVATION…
“AAHH!” Screams were heard as the town's people ran like headless chickens to board the ship. Thor was angry, lightning bolts were being thrown from the sky left, right and centre.
“This is the worst storm we’ve ever had!” yelled Lucy as her hair was flying crazily whilst lightning struck everywhere.
“We have to board the ship,” I said, “We’re going to die!”
We too were running like headless chickens as Thor screamed and threw more lightning. Thor is our God and he must not be very happy.
Our town was ruined, buildings having fallen down around us. CRASH! BOOM! BANG! That’s all you could hear as people ran for their lives! (A couple of screams too!)
Everyone was on the ship but it wouldn’t move, so lots and lots of people got out and pushed. They heaved and heaved using all their strength. Clothes ripped, blisters popped, blood, sweat and tears poured as the boat slowly began to move. Everyone jumped in and said goodbye to their home that was now lightning mania. The town’s people smiled in delight as they escaped certain death with a new life awaiting them!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!