Laughter

His laughter pierced my ears.
A laugh that only seemed to arise when I was around, begin deep in his stomach and bubbling up out of his mouth. His coarse hand brushed mine for a brief moment, the electricity of his skin making my hairs stand to attention like an army of soldiers. The way his lips turned back while he laughed was utterly intoxicating, the rest of the world could have perished beneath us, but I would have been as oblivious as a lamb heading to the slaughterhouse. I leant in closer his sweet aroma drawing me in inch by inch. His hand slid up my arm finding it’s way to the back of my neck as he drew me closer and closer. Time seemed to pause as I looked in brown eyes flickered gold in the summers light.
My heart was ricocheting out of my chest like a bullet! I had anticipated this moment for so long, my head spun with the absurd ideals I had dreamed up over the past years when I had gazed at him from the other side of class. Everything felt perfect, yet unsettlingly surreal.
Suddenly, just as his soft lips grazed mine, a stab of pain from the back of the neck shot through my whole body. I gasped in pain my breathing breaking into short, shallow catches that seemed to be air. I could feel my legs buckling beneath me, my fingers going numb as he discreetly pocketed a now empty syringe. I struggled air out of my aching lungs in hope to form any words that could save my life, but nothing but a thin moan escaped me.
As he shift my now limp body out of plain sight, cleaning up the scene to make it look like an accident, his shoulders began to shake vigorously. I anticipated that at any moment, I would see a tear escape his now cold dark brown eyes, but instead his lips cracked open. A horrid noise ripped through the air making my insides turn out, he heaved in air with such ease I couldn’t help but envy him. As he made his last scan of our surroundings, he looked me dead in the eyes. It was all I could do to look him in his eyes as my vision blurred on the sides, he held my gaze. He then got up, his body still rocking back and forth; turning briskly, he strolled away as his sickening laughter pierced my ears.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!