War Again

Millions of people lying on the ground, blood forming a river around them. Gun shots were were being fired, tears were being formed and loved ones were slowly vanishing. It was war again, and little Suzy was sitting at the window of her old wooden house watching her village fall to peaces. Suzy's Father was a solder, somewhere in the mist fighting for his life, and she had never met her mother because she left when Suzy was born for a reason that Suzy could never quite figure out. although Suzy never met her mother she missed her very much.

Ahhhhhh! the deadly scream terrified Suzy. She decided to have a peek, when she got to the crowded spot she saw her beloved father lying on the ground, screaming with agony and blood dripping from his body. Tears slithered down Suzy's face as if they were tiny snakes chasing their pray. "Suzy" whispered her father while touching her face with his blood covered hands "take this" he whispered again Suzy carefully took the object and placed it on her hands.

Watching her father pass was the saddest moment of her life. when she got home she thumped on her bed and started crying. She was only 8 and she had already lost every thing she had. It wasn't fair! Suzy was so angry that she piked up what her father had given her and through it out the now broken window. As soon as it hit the dusty ground everything paused every thing accept for a thin lady.

"Suzy!" she yelled in a high toned voice "my sweet daughter" she said again. Suzy was shocked was this really her mother? "I am sorry i didn't find you sooner its just that I didn't think i was ready to be a mother and i got terrified so one night i snuck out ind I have regretted that ever since. I love you" she said "I love you to " whispered Suzy still shocked that she had found her loving mother. Suzy hugged her mother as tears of happiness rolled down their eyes as if they were marballs rolling across a wooden floor.

After that miracle Suzy and her mother lived happily ever after in the same wooden house and the same old village.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!