The Prophecy (A Look At The Ryella Chronicals )

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Silvaren, the elder prophet of the Breezlings, was dreaming. Shadows danced and weaved, always avoiding the light, unidentifiable. suddenly, as if she had always been there, from the depth of the shadows, Gerida appeared. The goddess of wind and nature wore a dress the colour of the sky on a clear spring day and her silvery white hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall. then, in a voice that did not belong to this world, she spoke.
Prophecy of the earth
Fate of the elements,
A shadow long forgotten will rise,
Its name forgotten,
Battles fought within,
Must be disregarded,
One from frost,
To lead the way,
One from shadow,
To aid from within,
One from wind,
To keep them centred,
One from the wood,
To protect them,
And one from the ocean,
To guide them
Five petals of the same flower,
Must unite to save them all,
For separated stay they,
All of Ryella,
will fall.
And with that, as sudden as she appeared, Gerida disappeared. Silvaren opened her eyes.

“My Lady Athelis, my Lord Aymer, Silvaren to see you” Silvaren called into the silver lighted cave the lord and lady were currently inhabiting, sticking to formality, even with the pressing urgency of the news.
“Enter Silvaren” Lady Athelis called in reply, as Silvaren swept into the cave, the robes of her rank swishing behind her, the lord and lady of the Breezlings could see the worry on the old prophet’s face.
“What’s the matter? “Lord Aymer asked “it is rare you will come see us, and the hour is late”
“Gerida appeared to me” Silvaren replied “we must call in the Wind-runners.”
“You received a prophecy from the goddess?” Lady Athelis queried and Silvaren nodded, repeating the prophecy as if she had known it her whole life. When she finished, Lord Aymer stood and walked over to a curling silver horn, taking a deep breath he blew into it and a long, clear note rang out through the mountains. “The wind-runners have been summoned” Lady Athelis said, “the prophecy shall be spread throughout the land.” Silvaren bowed her head and left, flying up to the mountain ranges peak, were she would meet the ones who would spread her goddesses warning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!