The Hidden Castle

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

The Hidden Castle

Once upon a time a baby princess was born. She was named Rachel. Rachel loved reading. Every time she read a book that had something fake in it, those things came to life. One day she read a book called The Attack, big green trees began to grow in front of the castle. People tried to cut the trees down but the trees kept picking the people up and throwing them far away. When Rachel turned 20, a prince rode by and he wondered if there was anyone inside the castle that was surrounded by trees. Just then he heard someone scream “HELP!” Now the prince knew that someone was behind the trees. He was about to cut the trees and when the princess heard him getting his sword out she cried, “Do not cut the trees!” The prince asked “Why?” “Because the trees can throw you to a faraway land” replied Rachel. “I know what to do!” said the prince. “What?” asked the princess. “I could use my helicopters to rescue you. We can put a hook down so you can hold onto it and we will pull you out.” said the prince. “Yay! I have not been out of the castle for a long time”, replied the princess. “Bye I will see you tomorrow” said the prince. The next day the prince came to the castle and helicopters were following him. Just then the trees threw the helicopters far away. “Oh no!” said Rachel. “Now how are we going to get you down? I don`t have any more helicopters so I can`t rescue you.” said the prince. “I have an idea!” shouted the princess. “Whenever I read a book, things come to life. I can read about fairies so fairies can come to life.” “That is a brilliant idea! I will wait here until the fairies come to life and then I can tell the fairies that I want those trees to disappear.” said the prince. So the princess started reading. A few minutes later she finished reading the story. A fairy came out of the book. The fairy saw the prince and went to him and the prince wished for the trees to disappear and never come back again. The fairy waved her magic wand and all the trees disappeared. The princess was so happy. She unlocked the doors of her castle and ran outside. In the end she got married to the prince and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!