Anna Jane

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Qibli turned around each narrow corner as night fell he was running out of time. But his hope were still high even if it was completely dark. He could still make out the faint light escaping under the door of the Commander’s quarters. He turned another steep corner now thinking about the news he was about to deliver. He looked down at his clenched fist, the fist that held the note, the note that would change everything.
Qibli burst through the iron door yelling everything at once. Commander Bobicles looked shocked. Qibli was one of his most loyal soldiers. He did get a bit fidgety sometimes but never this excited there had to be something wrong. "I have something to tell you” Qibli started. Bobicles sighed, “tell me" ordered the Commander a little bored. "It..it's the robots they're out of control, most of them have already escaped. You saw the attack in Tanzania it was them they said it was a UFO but it was robots! While I was on my night shift one came up to me and grabbed me, it looked kinda like a humongous bat once we were like fifty feet off the ground and then he screeched, “THIS IS WAR!” he flung me into the pond nearby and flew away. “I decided to come tell you but as I was going through the second door this note fell out of my pocket, I don't know who it’s from and I didn't dare open it"
By the time Qibli had finished, Bobicles was on the other side of the room looking out the window. He let another long sigh, "you did the right thing Qibli," informed Commander Bobicles in a sad tone, "but there is nothing we can do about this war for their leader is Anna Jane and you know how her story goes.”
"NOTHING?" Qibli asked, "bu..but Commander you said nothing is impossible, we can fight her," he looked at his Commander’s face. Bobicles had once fought Anna Jane. It was a tale he had told many times but it wasn't the type where you would get all snuggly or the type where after you were as happy as a butterfly. No, it was a tale about death, and this death was Anna Jane's death, also known as Bobicles’ daughter.
CHAPTER 2 – Anna’s Story
You see before Bobicles had joined the war he used to be a father with a wife called Misses Jane and a child called Anna Jane but then one day something terrible happened. Anna’s dog (Willie) had just died on the 5th of April 2006. Anna Jane was only young then and she was very confused but she knew one thing 'her dog was in heaven’ and so she would dream about being up there with him and one day the dream came the dream of how to go to heaven.
It was calculated that Anna Jane took her life and her mother’s, not knowing that she was the cause of war.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!