The Doors And Me

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One windy day, I was looking for a path to follow. In front of me, there stood five doors. There was one with graffiti and it read “Do not open these doors. Mayhem lies inside.” However, my curiosity got the better of me. I tried to resist the pull of my hand, reaching for the doorknob, but I couldn’t. When I peeked inside, there was a huge monster, as scary as a devil in total black! I quickly shut the door and opened the next. There was a beautiful fairy world. I rushed inside and got lost in a castle. I was drenched in darkness as I desperately reached for the doorknob, but it wasn’t there. I turned around and there was a door. I reached for it in hope that it was the door back home, but instead I ended up in a burning building.
I was as scared as an ant, taking my last breath while being stepped on. I called the firefighters and gave them the address, but they said that they couldn’t find me. They asked me if I was a prank caller, and I pleaded them to believe me, but they didn’t. Was I stuck there forever? I then decided to lay on the floor, dig myself a hole and stay there. I tried to call my parents, but even THEY wouldn’t believe me. I stared in awe at the blaze, burning down everything in its path. I decided to see if the door was there and this time it was! I rushed out the door and almost fell face forward on the concrete.
I opened the third door and there was an ear-splitting rock concert. I was extra certain that there was a cello or violin. I rushed in to see, and sure enough, there was a strings and percussion band. My head was spinning as I covered my ears and reached for the door.
The fourth door was the worst door of them all. I was inside a dragon’s mouth, getting chewed up into tiny, little, itty bitty pieces. Well, not THAT tiny, but tiny enough that I could say I was getting smashed to smithereens. Then, I tried to escape, but the dragon made it easy. He must have been having indigestion or something because he just spat me out, but I must’ve been falling down a never-ending pit. It was pitch black as I hit something as hard as concrete. It felt all gooey and slimy, so I reached for the doorknob, and fell out of the door.
I tried to go back home, but I couldn’t find it. I checked all the addresses, but I could not find 41 Lake Street. It was strange because I remembered my family had never mentioned anything about moving. I pinched myself super hard, and then I was back in the real world! I woke up at midnight, realising that all I had been through was just a silly nightmare.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!