Painting In The Dark

The air is crisp, hitting the back of my neck. I grasp the brush in my hand, for it drew my world.
The stars shine down at me, they put me on spotlight. The moon, an orb. It gives comfort to the lost ones.
My city is dull and lifeless, it brings no hope. It died long ago.
The small brush glides across the canvas in my hand, creating my joy.
I dot the spotlights, I plant the trees.
I smile as the picture paints itself.
I think of a life outside the city, on the coast or in a jungle.
Away from the concrete one that holds me.
I always thought we were alone out there, hidden amongst the stars.
A paradise surrounding murky darkness. Isolated.
The galaxy stretches along the page, guiding the way for whoever answers the call.
I hear that call.
It's distorted and backwards, I hate it. It's motives aren't strong enough to pull me away from my life.
My paints, my pencils, my canvas. I would much rather stay here, for this is where my brush is.
This is home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!