Do Not Disturb The Dragon

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time, there lived a dragon who was very friendly and loved everyone in the village. Everyone in the village liked the dragon. The dragon and the villagers were the best of friends. One day the villagers decided to go away for a week for a family vacation.
While they were away, a group of new people moved into the village because they saw that no-one was living in the village. So they decided to unpack their luggage and do a little tour of the village. On the tour, they found a dungeon that had a sign saying ‘DO NOT DISTURB THE DRAGON!!’ They all laughed and they said, “As if there’s a real dragon. Dragons don’t exist!!”
When they turned around, they couldn’t believe their eyes. There stood a real life dragon who looked very, very angry. They began to run for their lives and decided to go home to get their bow and arrows. The new villagers started to launch their arrows at the dragon. One arrow hit the dragon’s tail, which made him release the biggest flame he had ever blown out before, then he dropped to the floor. This made the new villagers run straight to their boats without packing their luggage. They knew they had killed the dragon and would return for their things later.
In the distance, the old villagers could see fire and smoke in the air. They knew straight away that something wasn’t right with their dragon because they know their dragon so well. They always know when their dragon is okay and when he is in real trouble. So they headed back to the village to ask their dragon what the big flame was about.
The villagers found him crying from pain, so when they asked him why he was crying, the dragon showed them his tail. An eight- year-old boy named Jack, bravely pulled out the arrow and they bandaged up his tail. They looked after him until he felt better. The children went back to playing chopsticks and rock, paper, scissors with their beloved dragon.
One day, the villagers who hurt the dragon came back to get their luggage. They didn’t know that the dragon was still alive! He was waiting for the day that they would return to get their luggage. When he saw them, he let out a gargantuan fireball out of his mouth! This made them jump into the water and never returned again. So the dragon and the villagers continued their wonderful friendship.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!