The Upside Down Day

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

On Monday, I woke up. I went down the stairs and had my breakfast. I had some eggs and some orange juice. I went upstairs to get dressed in my school uniform. I went downstairs to go to school but, I could not go to school because when I opened the front door everything outside was upside down!

Everything was upside down. Even our house was upside down. It just didn't feel like it was upside down in my house because everything else was upside down.

The sky was the ground and the ground was the sky. The birds thought they were flying but they were actually walking. The cars did not know where to park! The aeroplanes didn't know where to lift off. Then I checked the newspaper. It said the whole world will be upside down for the whole day. We are not sure if it will go for any longer.

I walked to school in the air. It was a bit scary but I was late so I kept going. Because I was upside down I couldn't walk through the school but anyway, there was no one there. First I thought everyone was in their classrooms but they weren't. Then I remembered it was a public holiday.

It was the weirdest day ever. I can't wait until tomorrow. What if tomorrow is even weirder?!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!