Confidence

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Small and shy, too scared to talk, his voice a tiny squeak,
Alone with no friends, alone by himself, feeling vulnerable and weak.
And just when it seems he has done it right, THEY will come and tease,
KILL his dreams and CRUSH his hopes, shatter him and leave.
But one day again when THEY hurt his pride, there comes a girl with red hair,
"Hey Hey!!!" she said in a loud clear voice, "What ya doing over there?"
And when THEY answered and when THEY teased, she replied in a powerful tone,
"What has he done to make you mad? Bullies...Leave him alone!!!"
The next day when THEY came again, she was there as well,
She spoke with passion, with fiery strength and his confidence started to swell.
He'd watch and he'd learn and then he understood, though he was small and shy,
Like his feisty, fiery hearted friend, his strength was all inside.
And when THEY came he told them in the same way that she used to,
He said "Leave me alone!!!" and he stood his ground, his pride and spirit grew.
Small and shy, but now brave inside, his friend is always there,
Either by his side, or in his heart, the girl with the flame red hair.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!