The Electrifying Dragon

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition


Bang! Crash! Boom!
"The city cannot become any worse!" my mum cried.
"But we need to stop that terrifying monster!' I exclaimed.

One ordinary Friday afternoon, my mum and I went to Summer Rail Park which was near our house. We played soccer and rugby for an hour or so. Then we heard a horrid noise echoing from down the street.
“Lets check it out !” I shouted.
“Not Electront !” screamed my mum.

Electront was a cruel, electrifying and spooky dragon with warlike wings. His teeth were swords and the claws were spears. His eyes were lightning and mouth was the gate to hell itself. He destroyed our city two years ago, then he was sent back to Desert Land and had not been seen again.

We stood there helplessly as Electront fired one of his most terrifying electro balls at us.
“The city cannot suffer any more !” my mum cried.
“But we need to stop that wicked monster !” I exclaimed.

Thunder shot through the sky. Suddenly, Fire Agents bursted in front of us as Electront fired another electro ball. Those peculiar agents actually deflected the electro ball !
“ Now I get it,” I cried “fire is effective against lightning !”

We dashed back home and burnt everything in our house,then threw it at Electront. Forty gruelling minutes later, Electront fainted on the ground and disappeared. Next time he attacks, we know what to do.

“We need to buy new furniture!” I exclaimed.
Then the ground started to shake.
“Not another dragon!” my mum sighed.
“We need to buy some back-up furniture as well” I cried.
“ Uh” my mum sighed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!