My Dead Sister

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

There was a crash, the door had fallen off its hinges and then there was an eerie silence for a few seconds, dust had covered the room and then there was a piercing scream from the kitchen. Charlie and her friends ran to the kitchen to see what all the commotion was about. When they got there, there was a note on the table that had directions to the graveyard. They approached the graveyard with caution as they didn’t want to disturb the dead’s resting place. Charlie gasped when she realised that the graveyard they were in was the same place she had buried her sister Emily.
Charlie was an eleven year old girl that had recently experienced the death of her sister. The police had conducted an investigation but the cause of death was unknown and Charlie had been trying to find out what caused her death ever since.
The group began walking back to the hotel because Charlie hated the sight of her sister’s grave but when they got back, the Police had swarmed the outside of the building. They then saw the corpse of the Butler and the Head Chef being wheeled into an ambulance. What’s happened to the Butler and Chef, murmured Nathan in horror of this unpleasant sight. They ran forward and one of the Police ran forward to stop them entering the building but he couldn’t match their pace. He shouted through the entrance of the hotel but there was no reply.
The group started looking around for clues but found nothing. Charlie could see someone in the distance and it wasn’t one of her friends, who could it be? Suddenly, she heard a voice that was very familiar. Emily? There was a faint voice that echoed, “It’s been a while hasn’t it sis?” “But, it can’t be” Charlie muttered. “You’re supposed to be dead". The voice shouted fiercely. “I survived, I was unconscious for a while, but I woke up being torn apart by blood thirsty piranhas, those barbaric creatures are ruthless I tell you!. When I got to land it took me months to recover, but here I am, healed and very frustrated". I’m sorry we couldn’t find you, we couldn’t find your body so we thought you were dead cried Charlie". “Oh, I was dead until I possessed this new body which suits me a lot more!”. “Oh, please forgive me Emily, it was a mistake” exclaimed Charlie. To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!